If you are a pharmacy in the U.S. and its territories who paid for e-prescriptions routed through the Surescripts network during the period of September 21, 2010 through April 19, 2021, you could be eligible for a payment from a Class Action Settlement.
January 6, 2022 — Exclusion Deadline
January 6, 2022 — Objection Deadline
January 6, 2022 — Claim Filing Deadline
- This is a class action lawsuit in which Plaintiffs have alleged, among other things, that Defendants Surescripts, LLC, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc., and RelayHealth entered into a contract, combination or conspiracy in restraint of trade, the purpose and effect of which was to suppress competition and to charge supracompetitive prices to the Settlement Class during the Class Period, in violation of Sections 1 and 2 of the Sherman Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1 and 2.
- RelayHealth, the Settling Defendant, has denied and continues to deny each and all of the claims and contentions alleged in the Action, or that could have been alleged in the Action, and has moved to dismiss Plaintiffs’ claims, and would assert numerous defenses to Plaintiffs’ claims if required to do so.
- Plaintiffs and RelayHealth, the Parties to the Settlement Agreement, have reached a Settlement as a result of negotiations between Co-Lead Counsel and RelayHealth’s Counsel. The Parties desire to fully and finally settle all actual and potential Claims by Plaintiffs against RelayHealth arising from or relating to the Action, the factual allegations underlying the Action, and each of them, and avoid the costs and risks of protracted litigation and trial.
- The case continues against the other two Defendants.
- For purposes of this Settlement, the Settlement Class includes: All pharmacies in the United States and its territories who paid for e-prescriptions routed through the Surescripts network during the period September 21, 2010 through April 19, 2021. Excluded from the Settlement Class are Defendants and their officers, directors, management, employees, parents, owners, subsidiaries, or affiliates, and all governmental entities.
- The Settlement offers cash payments to Settlement Class Members who file valid timely Claims.
- A portion of the Settlement’s proceeds are being used by the Settlement Administrator to administer the Notice. The remainder of the Settlement’s proceeds will remain available for distributions to Settlement Class Members, any future notice costs, and attorneys’ fees, litigation expenses, and service awards that the Court chooses to award to Plaintiffs. At this time, Plaintiffs and their counsel are not seeking any attorneys’ fees, non-administration expenses, or service awards from the Settlement’s proceeds. However, they may do so in the future, subject to additional notice to you and approval by the Court. Settlement Class Counsel do not intend to distribute any proceeds from the Settlement to qualifying Settlement Class Members at this time, but instead intend to combine any distribution of the Settlement’s proceeds with proceeds from future settlements or other recoveries in the litigation. You will be provided further notice of any such future settlements or recoveries. In addition, please consult this case website, regularly for updates on the case.
- Visit this site, for more information about this Settlement. You can also opt out of, object to, or comment on the Settlement at this time.
- Please read the Notice carefully. Your legal rights will be affected, and you have a choice to make now.
|SUMMARY OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS:||DEADLINE|
FILE A CLAIM FORM
|The only way to receive your share of the Settlement Fund(s).||JANUARY 6, 2022|
DO NOTHING AND REMAIN IN THE SETTLEMENT CLASS
|You do not need to take any action at this time to remain a member of the RelayHealth Settlement Class. Your interests will be represented by the Settlement Class Representatives and Settlement Class Counsel listed below. As a member of the Settlement Class, you will be bound by any judgment dismissing with prejudice the claims against RelayHealth, and you will not be able to file or maintain your own lawsuit against RelayHealth regarding the subject of this lawsuit. By remaining in a Settlement Class, you are eligible to receive a share of the settlement amount for that settlement if you file a claim on or before January 6, 2022 once it is paid out, after payment for attorneys’ fees, costs and other expenses, if you file a valid claim once the claim filing period commences.|
|Get no payment. This is the only option that allows you to keep your right to assert any claims against the Settling Defendant RelayHealth for claims related to this case.||JANUARY 6, 2022|
OBJECT AND/OR ATTEND A HEARING
|If you wish to object to the Settlement, or anything else referenced in this Notice, you must file a written objection. You may also request to be heard at the Fairness Hearing.||JANUARY 6, 2022|
- These rights and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained in the Notice.
- The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to approve the Settlement. Payments will be made if the Court approves the Settlement and after any appeals are resolved.